October 29, 2011

Hip Pain and the Warrior Ethos

Still not near 100%, so I just iced the hip once more. I could put up a witty Galloway quote, something like "if you aren't anxious at the start line, then you're not doing something worth doing"...but honestly, I'm just anxious.


Sept 16th I completed a 22-mile run in 3 hours, mental game on lock. But that's a distant memory now with the past six weeks of no running and physical therapy. Even allowing myself slower goal and slower pace splits, I'm mentally thrown off by the hip issues, and I don't like wild cards on race day.

I'm going to wear my Army or Wounded Warrior bracelet and hope the Warrior Ethos sees me through the race....or at least the first three:


I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.
(sorry, hoping to be fast enough to leave at least a few behind)