December 9, 2012

Race Report: Jingle All the Way 8k

Have a lot going on getting ready for the arrival of our first child, so this will be a very brief report.

Race Day


Though I continue to be out of race shape due to my calf and taking it easy, I decided I had to run a final race before my impending fatherhood. So it was off to downtown DC this morning for a rainy Jingle All the Way 8k.

I still harbor a bit of dislike for the 8-10k distances. Maybe I need more practice, but in my experience and my race style they're just too long to go all out and too short for me to get in a really good pace groove. This morning I wasn't expecting too much, but found myself with a fast group and stuck with it. I finished ahead of my goal, didn't have too much pain after warming up, so I'll take that result and roll into the Christmas season with a smile.


The Results

8k :   32:24  |  6:31/mile


Awesome picture from Swim Bike Run Photography with the Capitol Dome behind me.