April 24, 2011

It's Not Me, It's You

For the past couple weeks, the pavement and I have taken a break and 'seen other people' for a change. I got out on the road only once since the Parkway Classic, and it was a good decision. On yesterday's run I felt completely refreshed and had absolutely no hint of discomfort or soreness afterward.

After logging over 200 miles in the run-up to the National Half Marathon and pushing (probably too hard) for a PR in the Parkway Classic 10 Miler, my body picked up a few tweaks and a few sore spots. There was some discomfort in areas that clearly indicated my running form was sloppy in the Classic, a result of focusing too much on speed.

But after a couple weeks of recharging, time to get back to the five-day-a-week grind, need to build my endurance back up and do some speed work. Have three 5k races in the next few weeks, a fun diversion from long runs; pretty soon it'll be time to ramp up the mileage and start focusing on 26.2.

In other news, I flew into Boston the day after the Boston Marathon, and I saw a lot of BAA jackets. I want one. I think I'm in deep trouble the next few years...I have Boston fever.